Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hoop Workshop/Detroit Fire Guild

I ventured downtown Monday night to attend a hoop workshop with Bonnie from HavenHoopDance.  It was absolutely amazing!  I really enjoyed the exercises that she had us do to get more in tune with our hoops.  Watching her hoop was pretty awesome too.  She has the most serene and graceful hoop style of anyone I have ever watched.  Check out her website: http://havenhoopdance.com/

Bonnie and I also discussed her coming to Algonac to teach a workshop in the future. 

After the workshop I hung out for the open practice that the Detroit Fire Guild holds every other Monday.  It was the first time I had seen a fire hooper in person.  I can not WAIT to start fire hooping!

Here is a link to the DFG's website:

http://www.detroitfireguild.com/events.html

Reminder: No Hoop Jam Thursday due to the elementary school being closed.  We will be back at it on the 26th.

We also need to come up with a name for our hoop group.  Bring your creative ideas with you :)

Happy a beautiful day ~ Lesley

No comments: